Physical practice, it consists of various postures to achieve one’s desired goals.
Physical benefits of asanas:-
- Increased flexibility and joint mobility
- Increased muscle strength and tone
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality
- Weight reduction
- Cardio and circulatory health
- Improved athletic performance
- Protection from injury
- Boosts immune system
- Reduce aches and pains
- Reduces back pain
Apart from physical benefits, yoga asana session if practiced as yoga asana and not as mere physical exercise it helps a person to manage stress and manage mind very well. It helps to reduce stress and protects from getting any psychosomatic diseases. It helps to maintain happy state of mind. A regular yoga practice helps to enhance self-confidence, self-esteem, a mind which is capable of making right decisions at the right time. It also helps to improve quality of ones sleep.