Yoga Instructor Course
1.1 Introduction to Yoga
1.2 Introduction to Patanjali Yoga Sutras (Ancient Yogic Manual)
1.3 Introduction to Hatha Yoga
1.4 Yogic Concepts
2.1 Anatomy & Physiology
2.2 Yoga for Wellness
2.3 Yoga and Stress Management
2.4 Yogic Diet
3.2 Yogic Hand Gestures (Mudras)
3.3 Energy Locks (Bandhas)
4.1 Joint mobilisation exercises (Sukshma Vayama)
- 42 + Asanas (Basic, intermediate and advanced postures)
- 15 postures from Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Benefits of each asana
- Contraindications, cautions
- Sanskrit names
- Breathing patterns for asana
- Understand 5 spinal movements for back health
- Relaxation techniques
- 4 foundation breathing exercises
- 8 Pranayamas
- Benefits, limitations and techniques
- Concept of Pratyahara (control of senses)
- Concepts of Dharana (concentration) and Dhyana (meditation)
- DMT, TM, IMT, GMT. (Dynamic, Transcendental, Instant & Guided)
- Mudra meditation, Mantra meditation.
- Concept of environment for meditation and benefits of meditation on health and well-being and its practical application in modern life.
8.1 Teaching practice
- Teaching methodology, Effective teaching methods.
- Well-developed communication skill.
- Methods to implement yoga in daily life.
- The scope of practice and how to assess the need to refer to other professional services when needed.
- Teacher – student relationship.
- Feedback methods, acknowledge the aspirants progress, and cope with difficulties.
8.2 Group programs
- Design sessions and implement group programs
- Group dynamics and techniques of communication skills, time management, priorities and boundaries.
- How to start your own yoga studio or school
- How to set up and promote yourself as yoga teacher