Acro yoga is a form of yoga that combines traditional yoga poses with acrobatics and partner work. It involves two or more people working together to create different sequences and poses, with one person acting as the base and the other(s) as the flyer(s). Acro yoga also includes elements of Thai massage and therapeutic touch, making it a unique combination of yoga, acrobatics, and healing arts. BOOK HERE
Some benefits of acro yoga include:
- Building trust and communication: Acro yoga requires a high level of trust and communication between partners, as they work together to support each other and create poses. This can help improve relationships and enhance communication skills.
- Enhancing strength and flexibility: Acro yoga uses the strength of the base and the flexibility of the flyer to create poses, making it a full-body workout that can improve strength and flexibility.
- Improving balance and coordination: The practice of acro yoga requires both the base and the flyer to have a sense of balance and coordination, which can be improved through consistent practice.
- Boosting confidence: As individuals progress in their acro yoga practice and are able to perform more challenging poses, it can boost their confidence and self-esteem.
- Stress relief: Like all forms of yoga, acro yoga incorporates breathwork and mindfulness, which can help reduce stress and promote relaxation.
- Forming community: Acro yoga is often practiced in groups, allowing individuals to connect and form a sense of community. This can also provide a sense of belonging and support.
- Improving body awareness: Acro yoga requires individuals to be fully present in the moment and aware of their body’s movements, which can improve body awareness and proprioception.