What is The Immune System?
The immune system is a complex network of cells, tissues and organs that defends the body against infection and disease. The main parts of the immune system include: white blood cells, antibodies, the complement system, the lymphatic system, the spleen, the thymus, and the bone marrow.
The immune system keeps a record of every germ (microbe) it has ever defeated so it can recognise and destroy the same microbe quickly if it enters the body again.
Take a moment to see if you have any of these signs of an under-functioning immune system. 1. You’re continuously stressed 2. You tire easily 3. You always have a cold 4. Your wounds take a long time to heal 5. You often have tummy troubles
How to support your immune system?
Healthy ways to support your immune system
1. Don’t smoke
2. Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables
3. Exercise regularly
4. Maintain a healthy weight
5. Get adequate sleep
6. Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meals thoroughly
7. Try to minimise stress
Yogic way to support your immune system
1. Sound sleep and rise before sunrise
2. Sunbath 10 minutes daily
3. 20 minutes brisk walk daily
4. Asana & pranayama practice minimum 4 times a week preferably on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
5. Satvik Aahar (healthy yogic diet)
6. Drink enough water (keep hydrated)
7. Meditation minimum 20 minutes every day
8. Relaxation post lunch for minimum 20 minutes (Yogic techniques)
9. Practice Maun (silence) 🤐 🤫 minimum 20 minutes daily
10. Read and learn about more concepts of yogic lifestyle 11. Write 10 positive points before sleep